Each course has a dedicated registration link in the IMF Training Application System (TAS). Please only register using the link provided in the course notification email and complete the following steps.
1. Indicate your full first and family/surname. Initials are not recognized by the system.
2. Provide your official or personal email address in the “Business Email” contact field. Please do not enter a generic email address as a business email address, i.e., an email address of your agency/department (e.g., email@example.com).
3. Mention in detail your current job description and its relevance to the course.
4. Enter the name of your direct supervisor as your sponsor for the course or whoever is authorizing you to participate in the course. The sponsor must be from the same agency as the applicant and of higher rank. The sponsor must be the same name entered into the application system in TAS.
5. Review all the requested information carefully before submitting your application data. Submitted information is final and cannot be changed.
Upon completion of registration, each applicant will receive a separate sponsor certification email, which they must forward to the registered sponsor (see No. 4 above). The sponsor is asked to verify that the applicant will attend the full duration of the course, including joining all scheduled sessions, and that they will be freed from regular duties and work obligations during this period. The sponsor’s certification should be completed and emailed back to SARTTAC by the application deadline. An applicant will not be considered for acceptance into the course if we do not receive their sponsor form on time.
Daily attendance will be taken during the course and user session login hours will be recorded. For these reasons, we would kindly ask that nominated officials who are accepted in the course be unimpeded by work requirements during the training period. Any absences should be notified in advance to the SARTTAC course administrator and the participant’s sponsor, including the stated reason. Failure to do such may have a bearing on whether a participant receives a Certificate of Participation and/or indication of completion in their IMF training record (read below).
Certificate of Participation
A Certificate of Participation will be given based on the following criteria:
1. The participant must attend a minimum of 80 percent of the number of the course days and 80 percent of the total delivery time of lectures and workshops, and;
2. The participant must complete both the mandatory pre- and post-course quiz. All participants are also asked to complete the end-of-course survey, which is anonymous and provides important feedback to SARTTAC.
Participants who qualify based on the above criteria will receive a Certificate of Participation by email from SARTTAC within one week of the end of the course.
IMF Training Record
The IMF maintains a unique training record of every participant in IMF training—both in-person and virtual, as well as through the IMF’s Online Learning Program. At the end of each course administered by SARTTAC, an entry is made in the training record on whether a participant has successfully completed the course. In SARTTAC, this determination is based on the criteria used to determine eligibility for a Certificate of Participation. Course leads also have the option of entering comments on participants in their training records.
Participants are not eligible to receive per diems/allowances when participating in virtual training from the IMF. The nominating agency will be responsible for any necessary per diems/allowances and all other costs related to accepted officials’ participation in the course, in accordance with its own policies.
Each participant is expected to have access to a self-arranged computer with audio-visual interface during live training sessions (participants are discouraged from joining from mobile devices). Instructions will be provided by SARTTAC on the use of WebEx meetings and other tools for establishing remote access to the course.